Safety is always a priority for Westfield Gas + Electric/Whip City Fiber employees. With current concerns around COVID-19, we are taking appropriate measures to ensure the safety of our team and the community of Westfield. As the situation continues to evolve, we will rely on health and safety information from experts to ensure the decisions we make are consistent with local community, state, and federal standards.
- At this time, we are operating as normal and will be prepared to provide emergency level services should this be called for. We do not anticipate a disruption in service during this public health crisis.
- We are implementing advanced cleaning at our facilities and are issuing regular communications to our employees and contractors which advise personal and workplace best practices.
- We have asked our employees who have direct customer contact to take social distancing precautionary measures, including keeping a 6-foot buffer and avoiding handshakes. In addition, some on our team may be wearing protective gear including gloves and glasses. We are committed to continuing to provide excellent customer service and appreciate your understanding.
- While our office is not closed, we encourage individuals to try to conduct their business via e-mail, phone, or website if at all possible. While we love to have you visit, we may all benefit from being separated during this public health crisis.
Bill payment options
Customers who currently use our local office to pay bills are encouraged to use one of our other payment options such as:
- Pay online at wgeld.org or whipcityfiber.com;
- Pay by phone - Pay with your credit card over the phone anytime day or night, 413-572-0100 or reach our Customer Care team during business hours;
- Drop your check into the slot next to our door at 100 Elm Street;
- Mail your payment to: PO Box 9189, Chelsea, MA 02150.
Take care of yourself and others
According to the CDC, some of the best ways to prevent the spread of COVID-19 and other communicable illnesses are to practice everyday preventive behaviors such as staying home when sick, covering coughs and sneezes, consistently washing hands with soap and water and thoroughly cleaning frequently touched surfaces.