STEP 1 - SIGN UP
• Click the sign-up link on the Cummington Connect home page or go to https://www.whipcityfiber.com/cummington/fiberapp.
• Enter the first part of your home address. Choose your home address from the dropdown list, and press Enter or click the magnifying glass to the right of your address.
• You’ll be asked for your contact information and a few questions such as which service/s you want.
To streamline this process we’re primarily offering online sign ups. If you don’t know how to use a computer or get online, we’re here to help! See Sign Up Help section below.
STEP 2 - INSTALLATION
• Installations will be scheduled once the fiber-optic network is completed in your section of the town.
• The installer will contact you for next steps and schedule an installation appointment at your convenience.
• Installations typically take 2-3 hours. An adult who can make decisions about the installation must be present for the installation. (A missed appointment costs the town $200-250, which you will be responsible for paying).
• The fiber-optic cable will be brought from the curb to your home and will enter your home through a small box mounted on your home near where your existing utilities are located. The technician will then set up the interior electronics.
• As soon as the technician is finished, you will have broadband in your home!
• If your home needs an underground connection, you’ll have two home visits. The installer will first contact you to make an appointment for an installation consultation. They will visit your home and determine whether you have an existing conduit that can be easily used or whether to install a new conduit. If you need a new conduit, they will stake out the proposed dig route. You will need to sign off on the plan. After a DigSafe permit is done, the installers will make a second appointment with you and return to put the conduit in the ground install the service inside your home. An adult who can make decisions about the installation must be present for both of these appointments. Any missed appointment cost the town $200-250, which you will be responsible for paying).
• If you order Premier telephone service, the basic installation includes connecting one telephone to the Telo device. If you want to connect all of your home’s phone wiring and jacks to the service, you’ll have to pay for an additional home visit or do the work yourself. The cost for this additional wiring will likely be $150-200.
But WHEN will I actually have broadband in my home?
You’ll have broadband as soon as installation at your home is complete. We expect home installations to be scheduled in late winter 2020 and completed beginning in the spring of 2020 . Which homes and which areas of town get installed first will be based on the overall construction schedule, weather, pace, and numbers of customers that have signed up. We are coordinating carefully with Whip City Fiber and their “drop” contractors to maximize efficiency and control costs.