Becket's Subsidy + Benefit Program
Federal Lifeline Subsidy
Lifeline is a federal program that lowers the monthly cost of phone and internet. Qualified customers will receive up to $9.25 applied directly towards their bill. You can use Lifeline for either phone or internet, but not both. FCC rules prohibit more than one Lifeline service per household.
You can apply here for Lifeline.
Emergency Broadband Benefit Program
The temporary Emergency Broadband Benefit (EBB) Program will become the Affordable Connectivity Program, a new longer-term program, on December 30, 2021. Households enrolled in the Emergency Broadband Benefit before 12/30/21 will continue to receive their current monthly discount until March 1, 2022.
If you are in need of financial assistance, apply for the Emergency Broadband Benefit now. The Emergency Broadband Benefit program offers a $50 discount for broadband service for eligible households in all Massachusetts towns served by Whip City Fiber during the on-going COVID-19 pandemic.
A household is eligible if one member of the household meets at least one of the following criteria:
- • Has an income that is at or below 135% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines or participates in certain assistance programs, such as SNAP, Medicaid or the FCC’s Lifeline program;
- • Is approved to receive benefits under the free and reduced-price school lunch program or the school breakfast program, including through the USDA Community Eligibility Provision, in the 2019-2020 or 2020-2021 school year;
- • Received a Federal Pell Grant during the current award year;
- • Experienced a substantial loss of income through job loss or furlough since February 29, 2020 and the household had a total income in 2020 at or below $99,000 for single filers and $198,000 for joint filers; or
- • Meets the eligibility criteria for a participating provider’s existing low-income or COVID-19 program.
Eligible households who already have Whip City Fiber can enroll by 12/30/21 for EBBP directly through Whip City Fiber here.
Additional information about the Emergency Broadband Benefit is also available at whipcityfiber.com/promo/ebbp. Customers can get assistance with their application by calling 833-511-0311 between 9 a.m. and 9 p.m. any day of the week.