The Affordable Connectivity Program is a Federal Communications Commission program that helps connect families and households who need assistance affording internet service. This new benefit provides an ongoing discount of up to $30 per month towards broadband service for eligible households.
Who Is Eligible for the Affordable Connectivity Program?
A household is eligible if a member of the household meets at least one of the criteria below:
- — Has an income that is at or below 200% of the federal poverty guidelines; or
- — Participates in certain assistance programs, such as SNAP, Medicaid, Federal Public Housing Assistance, SSI, WIC, or Lifeline;
- — Is approved to receive benefits under the free and reduced-price school lunch program or the school breakfast program, including through the USDA Community Eligibility Provision in the 2019-2020, 2020-2021, or 2021-2022 school year;
- — Received a Federal Pell Grant during the current award year; or
- — Meets the eligibility criteria for a participating provider’s existing low-income program.
ONCE YOU HAVE BEEN APPROVED, PLEASE CALL WHIP CITY FIBER AT 413-485-1251 TO BEGIN YOUR $30/MONTH CREDIT.
The ACP replaces the temporary Emergency Broadband Benefit (EBB) program which will continue to provide the current monthly discount until March 1, 2022. Most customers will automatically transition to the ACP and others will be notified if they need to requalify. If you are currently enrolled in the EBB program, learn more about the changes here.
If you are not an active Whip City Fiber customer and wish to use the benefit with another provider, please apply here: https://acpbenefit.org/. You can transfer the benefit to your Whip City Fiber account once your service has been installed.